Monday, December 21, 2009

welcome

Welcome to my blog, books 'n tomes. Like a lot of people out there I read a lot of books, but not necessarily the books on bestseller lists. I read whatever captures my interest at any particular point in time. I don't follow fads, I don't care what everybody is reading and certainly don't let it dictate what I have on my bookshelf, though I do occassionally wander into the cultish world of series, like the Twilight saga, for example. I also greatly enjoy the staples of classic literature like Lord of the Flies, among others.

I truly believe that those with an interest in becoming writers read differently from those who don't, so the angle I review a book from is perhaps different, perhaps not. I just know that I enjoy reading, and even more than reading, I enjoy writing about what I've read. I feel that when I write about a book I tend to understand it more and discover something new.

On the left-hand side of the page is the title of the current book I'm reading. I will review each book I list there, though there will be very rare occassions when I can't get through the book, in which case I will post something along the lines of "Couldn't finish this because it was horrible," which I guess would be considered an informal sort of review. I also would like to mention that although I rarely stay without reading material, there are times when I'm in a reading rut and will not have anything to review for a while. Do not despair. These ruts are short and rare.

So, now that I've created this blog and have a long reading list to keep it filled and updated for a while, I will post a review of a book I read recently and hope that it serves as a springboard for your regular return to my blog.

Thanks for reading ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment